Question regarding UE11 cable
Nov 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bolardito

500+ Head-Fier
UE offers 2 different cables for the UE11. The one included with the product (which looks like the Westone UM2 one) or you can also purchase a thicker one which they also use for the UE10. Do you know if there is any difference in SQ between them? I was thinking on getting the thicker one for improved SQ but want to be sure prior to spend the money.

Also are they other cables than can be used from different suppliers with better SQ? Thanks in advance for answers.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE offers 2 different cables for the UE11. The one included with the product (which looks like the Westone UM2 one) or you can also purchase a thicker one which they also use for the UE10. Do you know if there is any difference in SQ between them? I was thinking on getting the thicker one for improved SQ but want to be sure prior to spend the money.

Also are they other cables than can be used from different suppliers with better SQ? Thanks in advance for answers.

Where did you find info on a thicker cable? Is it on UE's website? I've ordered several replacement cables for my UE11 and never saw another option.

You can use Westone cables with UE's, as well as several others. As of right now, the UE cable offers the best SQ. Alex from apuresound is developing a cable at the moment, so maybe that will best the UE cables.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Here is a picture of the thicker cable (form user chowk). Supposedly if you buy the cable from the site it comes this one which is the one they use for the other customs (i.e UE10).

Attachment 10639

I've ordered 3 custom cables from UE and never got anything resembling that. I don't think they offer them anymore.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 6
The thicker "tow" cable is what UE used to use with their customs. That's the cable I received when I got my UE10s. I have since bought replacement cables of various lengths from UE and they are all thin. It's a lot like the cable that comes with the Westone UM2s. There are advantages and disadvantages. One noticeable disadvantage is that the thinner cable tangles very easily which kind of annoys me. The advantage is that it's very light and very strong. And supposedly the new cables are of better SQ.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Here is a picture of the thicker cable (form user chowk). Supposedly if you buy the cable from the site it comes this one which is the one they use for the other customs (i.e UE10).

Attachment 10639

Just bought 2 replacement cables for the UE-11's and I can confirm that the thicker cable is no longer offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back