Question Regarding the HIfiman he-xxx series.
Nov 30, 2015 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Devmoo

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I own a pair of hifiman he-400's and I must say, they sound excellent with my tube amp. One issue that is a MAJOR issue, and I'm not sure why I don't see as many people encounter this (even know I feel like there is), is the CABLES. I've had at least 3 replacement cables sent to me from hifiman man, literally ALL of them have broken at some point. Basically the little gold metal attachments at the ends of the cables fall off. 

Heres a photo I edited to show what's happening:

And no! it's not the headphones. I tried the non-broken side of the cabal on each ear piece, both sides work perfectly. 

I'm well aware of all the after market headphone cables for the hifiman he series. I'm basically just wondering if anybody here has experienced this extremely frustrating issue, as these are in the 400$ range, and they can't seem to make  sturdy enough cables. I want to know what OPTIONS are available on the after market (I will never use the stock cables again, as they will just inevitably break a few months in, I'm sure of it). If anyone has fixed this issue with the purchase of a replacement cable, please let me know that cable!! I'll highly appreciate it. I've just purchased a set of Sennheiser HD 598's, and they just can't compare.... I will be willing to spend 50-80$ on the cable IF NECESSARY. Please shoot me the best deals/most durable cables if you have the knowledge. Thanks again, I really want to get back to listening to these beautiful phones. 

EDIT: I only listen to these headphones at home, at my desk. There is no aggressive tugging or anything of that sort that should result in this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back