Question regarding the A900 jacks.
Mar 14, 2006 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Darvon

New Head-Fier
ath-a900.jpg

I've been reading up for a few weeks on different head phones and the only doubt I still have left before getting some a900s is their use of a 1/8 jack. Does anyone know from experience if there'll be any noticeable loss in quality in using the adapter as opposed to having a genuine 1/4 plug? Seems to be a strange choice for entry level enthusiast cans.

Okay I lied, one last question. Which set up will sound better when used with the a900s?
X-Fi Xtreme Music + $300 amp
OR
X-Fi Elite Pro

The Elite pro has a better DAC and slightly better opamps, but I'm not sure if that outweighs a dedicated amp. The fact that the a900s supposedly don't need an amp also makes the question a little tricky.

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't notice any difference in sound quality when using either the mini or stereo plug. Don't worry about it.

Not sure about those soundcards, I got a humble audigy installed in my PC, still sounds great while watching DVDs with the A900. (Try Saving Private Ryan... oh yeah...)

The beach landing scene is awesome.... bullets flying everywhere around your head... the cough... the shells hitting the floor. Do yourself a favour and buy this DVD when you got your A900 already.

So I assume your newer Xfi will sound better (or not same...lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back