Question regarding stock HD 650 cable
Apr 11, 2006 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

geforcewong

100+ Head-Fier
I recently ordered a HD 650 replacement cable, since it was cheaper than the HD 600 replacement cable on the sennheiser website and looked a little thicker. My question is, will I need a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor (Audigy sound card has only 1/8" jacks) with the HD 650 stock cable i bought, or does it come with one already? The reason why I'm asking is because I'd rather not have even more idle time when the cable arrives at my door with no adaptor, rather get everything up and running asap
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 10
I guess I'll order the grado adaptor from headroom for $15...Are there any other adaptors besides these? I couldn't find an adaptor on the sennheiser website using their parts search.

Apr 11, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Is this Sennheiser connector a hard extension adaptor or a flexible cable sort of adaptor like the Grado adaptor (sorry for being so vague)? I'm asking because a hard extension that may result in an elongated plug that might cause extra stress on the plug tip.

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
It's not $5, it was $15 the last time I checked, which was last week.

They are a little unsteady with their prices on this part. I used the e-mail on the website and got two separate e-mail replies in the same day. One stating that the item was $8 and another stating it was $5. Both e-mails came from Eric Palonen of Sennheiser from different e-mail addresses. I still have the e-mails in my inbox from February.

I can't believe they would change the price so drastically to $15. Lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back