question regarding my new stax purchase
Oct 22, 2006 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kg21

1000+ Head-Fier
Recently I bought a vintage stax setup from the I think early 80s, the electret stax sr-80 and srd-4 setup. I was itching to plug it in so it is currently connected am old Pioneer 5.1 receiver, just a normal one nothing special about the receiver. Just wondering if I would see a major improvement by buying the sonic impact t-amp which will be back in stock october 31st. From what I understand this stax setup is an entry level setup not a highend one so i'm not sure how it would respond.

Oct 22, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 2
'Morning

I have the same exact setup that you do (the SR80 and SDR4). I would think that it would benefit from a better output source, but would advise you to try it out first before buying if you can. The speaker connectors on the t-amp are nothing more than push pin and the amp itself does not really look to be anything special, but I haven't had the opportunity to hear it so I really cannot say yay or nay for it. Give it a shot if it has a return policy. Worse comes to worse, you will have an amp to be used just for your Stax
lambda.gif

(edit: dependant on which t-amp you get, it may have better connectors than the pushpins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back