Question regarding mp3 players
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kinu

New Head-Fier
I wanna buy some decent earbuds ( i think this is how u call them, i don't want them to be in ear,i want to fit in my ear like the usual apple ones) to use with my ipod/pc and i really don't know anything about amps and stuff so i would want something that would not require one and would offer good sound quality ( i dont really have any preference for deeper bass, crisp high or something specific like that, i want something good overall) plugged diractly in the ipod/pc.

I researched a bit and the PK1's seemed to be amazing, however people say they do need amplification, so i was thinking of maybe getting the PK2 . Would it work for what i need/want?? If not/there are better choices please enlighten me ( im willing to spend up to about US150 but thats flexible)
thanks in advance a

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 6
The Sennheiser MX980 are better earbuds with great soundquality, fairly wide soundstage and good bass response. Bose AE2i(sports version) are also like earbuds and they sound good for the price, i will also recommend the IEMs which stay in outer ear like UE TF10Pro, Sony EX600, GR07.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks alot for the responses, ill be sure to check those up, will any of them need amplification?

(as for the inner ear, ive had 1 experience with them for about 30 minutes or so, i felt something weird, that somewhat bugged me about the way my ear felt with the seal it created,  udnno how to explain)

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 6
No, because of their impedance IEMs don't improve with amps consistently. 

BTW, not because you can, it means you should. Don't spend too much on those types of headphones (PK1). Apple earbuds are good for what they are, and the response curves are somewhat similar, it will be a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back