Question regarding Fiio E7
Jul 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aznboy1993

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Fiio E7 for my Sony MDR-V6 to use with my Mac and it came in today. I took it out of the packaging and I saw this notice on the unit (the front screen) itself. However, after 10 minutes of fiddling with it I still cannot figure out how to take off this "protective" layer and replace it with the one included with the device. Does anyone know what I am talking about and are willing to help me out?

Sorry for the ****ty picture, but I only had my iPod Touch 4G with me at the time of taking it. It pretty much says:
Quote:
Remark: There is a protective film on the surface of the machine of the front side which looks like a scratch, it's a normal. Then you can replace it with a protective film which is packed in the package.

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 8
Did you buy this from an authorized Fiio seller or distributor?  If you bought this used, maybe the seller made that sticker to excuse his putting a scratch on the front screen that won't come off!!

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 8
I bought my E7 about a month ago, and I found it very difficult to remove the protective film out of the box. I had to pick at a corner to get a piece to lift off so I could pull the rest of the film off.

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #4 of 8
That's a curious looking sticker. We've never seen that style of sticker on the E7's we receive from FiiO. Perhaps this is something they do for a different regional market. 

In any case, if the front the of the E7 doesn't look like an absolute mirror, then there is a film on top of it. It's a thick/sticky film so it is much harder to take off than one would expect.

Pick at the corners with your finger nails and eventually it will start to fray and you'll be able to get a corner up. I recommend that you have the included screen protector handy to install immediately as the E7's screen will eventually get scratched if you don't have something protecting it.

Jack

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I just bought a Fiio E7 for my Sony MDR-V6 to use with my Mac and it came in today. I took it out of the packaging and I saw this notice on the unit (the front screen) itself. However, after 10 minutes of fiddling with it I still cannot figure out how to take off this "protective" layer and replace it with the one included with the device. Does anyone know what I am talking about and are willing to help me out?

Sorry for the ****ty picture, but I only had my iPod Touch 4G with me at the time of taking it. It pretty much says:

Thanks!

I bought a FiiO E7 from a local seller (Headphone Bar), in fact the only local seller I could find in Canada, and it has the exact same film and sticker.

I haven't bothered to remove it because it doesn't bother me at all. Been using it mainly at home.

When you removed it, did you notice any blemishes or scratches on the front? I assume FiiO put these on to protect the units from cosmetic damage.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:

I bought a FiiO E7 from a local seller (Headphone Bar), in fact the only local seller I could find in Canada, and it has the exact same film and sticker.

I haven't bothered to remove it because it doesn't bother me at all. Been using it mainly at home.

When you removed it, did you notice any blemishes or scratches on the front? I assume FiiO put these on to protect the units from cosmetic damage.

Went through the box contents and found this:

I think FiiO intended you to remove the original screen protector and put this new one on it.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 8
I got it in the same way. That screen protector was added in the box too. They could've added a little tab on the edge of the plastic layer to get it off imo.
Eventually got it off though, after using my nail on the edge of one of the corners.

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 8
What is the point of removing one screen protector just to put another one on? Ive kept the one in the box as a spare to replace the original when it gets scratched up and untidy looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back