Question on my setup.... setting up DAC with windows 7
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jakebake

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Right now my rig goes like this:

Computer (no sound card only on board) > USB  DAC Destroyer > Glow Audio Amp One > AKG q701

My music is coming from my Vortexbox Music servier over my network. I am using squeezeplay to play it on my computer. 

My question is by doing it this way are there any settings in windows 7 I would need to change to get the best audio possible (bitperfect and all that) or is it bypassing windows. 

My other alternative is to go directly from the Vortexbox usb to the DAC > AMP one > Headphones if this would sound any different but I'd rather not as right now I can still hear audio from websites like youtube etc.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Windows 7 can use the recommended wasapi for kmixer bypass. Otherwise everything is resampled to 48khz. You shouldn't need to change any settings. Just use the wasapi foobar plugin.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Windows 7 can use the recommended wasapi for kmixer bypass. Otherwise everything is resampled to 48khz. You shouldn't need to change any settings. Just use the wasapi foobar plugin.

well my question really is this even using the windows 7 mixer? the music is coming from my vortexbox (linux) server... www.vortexbox.com and I'm not using foobar so how do i use the plugin

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Good question. I think you can modify the output sampling rate in the Windows audio settings. However, I don't really know if it actually works properly.
You could just create a file share and Foobar could read it over the network. When I get a chance I will take a look at that Vortex stuff.
I gave up media streaming stuff a while ago because I don't need a 10 foot interface. I just use vpn, samba, cifs, and windows networking and all my files can be streamed from any device even on cellular 3G!

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Good question. I think you can modify the output sampling rate in the Windows audio settings. However, I don't really know if it actually works properly.
You could just create a file share and Foobar could read it over the network. When I get a chance I will take a look at that Vortex stuff.
I gave up media streaming stuff a while ago because I don't need a 10 foot interface. I just use vpn, samba, cifs, and windows networking and all my files can be streamed from any device even on cellular 3G!

what all are you using to do this? and does anyone elese have any ideas on the original question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back