Question on .mac and picture hosting
Jun 3, 2003 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mat Bon 0013

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I have a .mac account and would like to know-
1. Is it possible to post pictures from your .mac homepage
2. How would this be done? (Step by step instruction if possible)
I have tried a few times to post some pictures but no success, Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers!
Mat

Jun 3, 2003 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 12
It's certainly possible. There's even a template to do it. I haven't though as I use a different service for that. Also isn't in integrated with iPhoto? Should be pretty easy.

Jun 3, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 12
Has anybody done it in this forum? Appreciate the input!
blessingx, which template your you talking about? In iPhoto??
Cheers
Mat

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 12
For some reason, simply putting the picture in the pictures folder of my idisk and linking to it doesn't work. So using iPhoto, I made a page, then opened said page with my brower. Then I right-clicked on the image and selected "show image in new window." From here, I copied the url. Then at the Head-fi forum selected the "IMG" button while posting a reply, and pasted the url there.

It seemed to work, even if the image was smaller than it should have been. That's ok, since if they wanna see it bigger they can go to the website.

If you wanna see, go to the desktops thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 6:48 AM Post #8 of 12
(System Preferences -> Internet -> .Mac -> fill in your user name)

1. open iPhoto
2. select the pictures you want
(you might want to create a new album, put the pictures in, then select all)
3. Organize -> hompage -> follow the site -> done

Jun 4, 2003 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 12
Oh yes, I'm using a two-button mouse so I can actually right-click, if you're using the Apple mouse, then it's cmd-click. The cmd key is the one with an Apple on it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
Oh yes, I'm using a two-button mouse so I can actually right-click, if you're using the Apple mouse, then it's cmd-click. The cmd key is the one with an Apple on it.
biggrin.gif

Maybe on Finnish keyboards, but in the U.S. and most other countries it's control-click
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back