Question on installing Shure 840 pads on 440
Dec 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xXxJeremy71xXx

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm fairly new here and I have a  couple small questions if you guys could help me out. I own the 440's and I've read that the 840 pads make them a lot more comfortable. My first question is how much of a difference in comfort do the 840 pads make? The other question is how do I remove old pads and install new ones? If anyone has done this I would really be thankful for your help.

Thanks

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 6
The 840 pads are a little bigger, they have more depth so your ears are less liable to touch the inside of the cups. Also a little softer. You just pull off the old pads and then slip on the new ones. If you find your ears to be uncomfortable in the stock pads, it can make all the difference. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah I know what you mean about the pads being hard. They aren't terrible, but aren't the softest either. As to the process of installing them, are they hard to install or is it fairly easy?

Thanks

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean about the pads being hard. They aren't terrible, but aren't the softest either. As to the process of installing them, are they hard to install or is it fairly easy?

Thanks

Easy. Just pull the old pads off and put the new ones on. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back