question on how to measure power output for a headphone amp
Dec 29, 2015 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dusk

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking at picking up an audio interface (prism sound titan) and was curious if the headphone amp will be enough to power... say.. 250ohm dt770s (and if they will sound OK with ether C's)

The output impedance of the Titan headphone output is 100R. Maximum level is 18dBu behind the 100R.   

I'm not 100% sure what this means... what is 100R in this case.. will it be more than enough to drive the 250ohms or should I get the lower impedence.. will ethers be powered from this?

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 3
Where are you seeing these specs? I see the specs here for the analog outputs which say +4dBu
(0dBFS = +18dBu) ​
and 100 Ohm output impedance in balanced mode. That only tells about the analog outputs on the back, not the headphone outputs and amp. I don't see anywhere that lists the power, level, or output impedance of the headphone outputs.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 3
  Where are you seeing these specs? I see the specs here for the analog outputs which say +4dBu
(0dBFS = +18dBu) ​
and 100 Ohm output impedance in balanced mode. That only tells about the analog outputs on the back, not the headphone outputs and amp. I don't see anywhere that lists the power, level, or output impedance of the headphone outputs.

I emailed them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back