Question on Dual Drivers IEM
Apr 2, 2006 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nakedtoes

500+ Head-Fier
Recently i find that the bass from my UM2 is not as strong as before. (The nozzle is free from any wax and i used the bi flange all the way). Previously i OFF my Bass boast when using the UM2.. now i have to ON the bass boast and i find te bass not tight enough.. How do i know wherther the LOW END driver is dead or not?? I do not want to hear a "UM1" ..

Apr 2, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 7
Are you sure its just not in your head? I've found that the bass response of IEMs varies suprisingly drastically through out different times of the day. Other factors like outside temperature also have an affect, especially cold environments which reduce bass response. Are you or have you been suffering from cold/flu? This seems to change the sound hugely.

Also, ensure that the fit/seal has not changed. Your ears may also have earwax in them.

A

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Could be.. But is there any way to verify that i am hearing the UM2 and not a "UM1" or a UM2 (Spoil low driver)??

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Wow! Why like that? Go to Jaben and try out the UM1 and 2 and compare to yours after that?

Yea going down this week ends..
icon10.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 7
double Post..

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #7 of 7
First thing you should do is change those tips to the foamies, and see if the bass is still shy. I could never get a good fit with any of the flanges, even trimmed ones.

One thing I never had to do with the UM2's, is add any bass boost. If anything I would turn down the bass a bit!
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back