Question of resampling rate.
Sep 23, 2005 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
I have read many stories about how Audigy cards resample 48khz by default and so i bought an E-mu card to avoid that. However, my Patchmix DSP says i'm locked at 48khz. Does that mean it is resampling in the same way that the audigy cards do and therefore i should change it to 44.1?

please let me know.

Sep 23, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 10
I don't think there's an option to lock Patchmix exclusively to 48. If you look in the 'open new session' section there's a lot of 44/48 settings, but none for just 44.1 or 48. What type of file are you trying to play, and what program are you using to play it?

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 10
well i know its technically not 'locked' i know how to change it.

im just asking if this is the same as the audigy card resampling it to 48.

check out the pic. look in the right/bottom corner above monitor.

Sep 23, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 10
make sure foobar's resampling DSP isnt enabled, it defaults to 48khz.

Quote:

im just asking if this is the same as the audigy card resampling it to 48.

Yes and no, yes, because it's being resampled to 48khz, no, because the audigy does it through hardware and in a nutshell does a much-crappier conversion.

-Joe

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erukian
make sure foobar's resampling DSP isnt enabled, it defaults to 48khz.

Yes and no, yes, because it's being resampled to 48khz, no, because the audigy does it through hardware and in a nutshell does a much-crappier conversion.

-Joe

So you are saying its fine to leave it as it is then? I have foobar resampling to 48 too, i dont think i realized that.

should i stop them both?

and secondly, would it be better for me to set it higher?

Sep 25, 2005 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 10
Set up PatchMix so that it uses 44.1 kHz. (It seems to be most convenient to create one PatchMix session per sample rate.) Also, disable the software resampling in Foobar. Then 44.1 kHz audio should play virtually unaltered.

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Set up PatchMix so that it uses 44.1 kHz. (It seems to be most convenient to create one PatchMix session per sample rate.) Also, disable the software resampling in Foobar. Then 44.1 kHz audio should play virtually unaltered.

Ok, thats the best way to go?

sorry for all the questions.

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 10
i've an sb live, which resamples everything to 48k. shouldn't i have foobar do this for me instead, seeing as i bet it can do a much better job of it than the dsp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back