Question For Yuin PK1 or PK2 Owners
Mar 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have to do that. So far I've only tried the donuts.

For some reason they provided around 4 or 5 pairs of donuts...but only one set of solids...what's with that?

Tonight I'm going to see if I can fit my Senn 414 pads on them
tongue.gif

Yeah that is kind of strange. I think the radio shack earbud pads should fit, although I haven't tried.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 35
Heh, I got 5 donuts and 3 solids... What's up with the odd numbers?

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #18 of 35
you probably could double up the earpad foams too, to further tweek the sound/fit. I haven't tried though.

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 35
I'm gonna give it a shot, donut with full over it. They're a little loose in my ear and I wouldn't mind it being a tighter fit.

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah that is kind of strange. I think the radio shack earbud pads should fit, although I haven't tried.

I bought some foamies at Rat Shack the other day-- they look to be the same size as the solid ones that come with the PK2's.

Rick

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got only one or two set of solids with mine.

I only got a set of solids and 2 sets of donuts.

So the best is to use a set of solids for the pk1/pk2? Anyone use just the donuts?

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #23 of 35
Really? I got about one or two sets of solids and maybe four or five sets of doughnuts. Anyway, I prefer the doughnuts. With the doughnuts, the PK1 sounds more aggressive and engaging, plus I don't like the idea of adding more things in between me and the drivers.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #24 of 35
I prefer the PK1 and PK2 to something like the KSC35 or 75. The PK1, especially, I think is higher performance. Earbuds are what I use portably, and I've had a lot (including E888 and ATH-CM7), and the PK1 did a good job of impressing. When I get my camera back, I'm going to post a review of both.

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #25 of 35
Exactly what am I missing from the sound if I don't use any foams on my Pk2? The foam irritates my ear
frown.gif

I still love my pair without it, but if anyone has done any comparisons without foams as well I'd like to know.

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPodschun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly what am I missing from the sound if I don't use any foams on my Pk2? The foam irritates my ear
frown.gif

I still love my pair without it, but if anyone has done any comparisons without foams as well I'd like to know.

I think they're warmer and fuller with the foams. I prefer use of the foams with the PK2 to without, overall.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Girls and guys with longer hair will relate - with the pk1, it's nice to have an alternative when you want big sound and don't want headphone hair.

this is one reason why i am seriously considering adding these to the "permanent roster" along with the Grados and the Marshmallows. i don't want headphone hair from something like an HD25-1, and i get poked fun at for the earwax on the Marshmallows. just an FYI i clean my ears, but after 4 months a little bit of ear wax is going to get stained eventually...

plus, they have custom molds available for them! i think i might finally just buy a Tomahawk and PK1s with molds. i'm sure i would use them more than the Dared MP5 and various headphones i have bought and sold for months.

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 35
I just borrowed a friend's SR-60 (that I sold him) and did a little informal comparison with the PK2 out of my iPod. I actually prefer the PK2's! (This is with the solid pads on the earbuds.) The Grado's were more detailed, but they also were harsher and thinner sounding!

How is that a little bud sounds better than legendary full-size headphones? I don't know, but I am glad I bought the Yuin's.

Please take what I say as being my opinion only. And please take into account that I didn't like the SR-60's enough that I sold them in the first place...

Rick

Mar 23, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #29 of 35
I've had mine for about a week now, and have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I disagree with the posts that put them on the same level as full sized cans, at least not the ones I've heard, but I'm impressed: the detail and clarity is there, and there is a rather remarkable soundstage for earbuds. I also disagree with those that say they don't need an amp. I first plugged them directly into my ipod, and the sound was a thin, not bad, but thin. I put a Larocco PRII between them, and suddenly I knew what others have been talking about. Very nice.

I still prefer my Etys by a longshot, but IEMs don't work for me in a lot of situations. I have the feeling these little buds will become daily favs, and the price is so good, if something happens to them, I won't stress (another factor in their favor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back