Question for the mod on this forum
Oct 19, 2002 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I noticed that this site had speed up by quite a lot lately. Have you guys done any changes to the server in the pass week or so? I used to have this 5-8 sec lag between the click of my mouse to recieving a reponse back from the server. Time of usage was not the issue because i've logged on at different times during the day/night.

Anyway, things are much better now and the annoying delays are gone and everything is functioning like a normal website should. Good job guys.
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 11
Yes, I'd have to agree also... a LOT quicker now
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So far as I know Jude/Neil have upgraded the Head-Fi Server... as to the technicalities ~ maybe one of them will step up to the podium to explain all
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
has the url always been www[size=small]4[/size].head-fi.org?

yeah, I noticed that as well. . . new server?

Oct 20, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
So where are the mods when you need them.
wink.gif

I guess i'm invisible then, seeing that I posted earlier
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Yes, I'd have to agree also... a LOT quicker now
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So far as I know Jude/Neil have upgraded the Head-Fi Server... as to the technicalities ~ maybe one of them will step up to the podium to explain all
wink.gif

Sorry, that message was not directed at you Duncan.
tongue.gif

I was referring to the others who haven't stepped up to the podium yet.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 11
Significant upgrades to the servers were made the week before last. And Head-Fi's stuff was physically relocated to a co-location facility much nearer to where we actually are, so we've been able to more closely work on things that way.

The site should be much faster now. We're actually still evaluating everything, and we hope it stays just the way it is.

Oct 20, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Hooray for the engineers!
biggrin.gif
Those studs -- those amazing geniuses! Those magical bunkers of knowledge and wisdom they possess are astounding! Hooray!

<ahem> No, the forums were not always on the CNAME www4; and this will change again shortly. Some of you may even, on occasion, see other machine names in place of www4. Funny ones, at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back