Question for the guitar players and lovers...
Dec 29, 2008 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
Quick question and hopefully easy to answer for somebody that has more knowledge about guitars then I do (I know it's an instrument and that's about it
wink.gif
).
What guitar or kind of guitar is used in Sade - Cherish the day:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks,
smuh

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 8
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonVoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guitar is Les Paul shape. I don't know if it's gibson, since many companies do Les Paul. Maybe It's an Epiphone Les Paul. Don't know the company, but I'm sure it's Les Paul.

yeah, but I thought the guy would prefer (and be able to fund) the real thing
wink.gif
Later I found the link with the interview and it seems he really plays a (actually a few) Gibson(s).

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 8
It's the gold top one most likely (with P90s) I wouldn't be playing an Epiphone if I was playing in that band. Actually, although I'm not playing in that band, I'm still not playing an Epiphone.
tongue.gif

Wiki has an article on the P90 over here. You might find that interesting.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 8
Could be a Gibson LP Gold Top with P-90's with the pickguard removed or... a custom ESP Eclipse Goldtop with P-90's.

But by the looks of the size of the logo on the headstock, it should be a Gibson with the pickguard removed.

EDIT: Rawr the P-90 Gold tops don't have pickguards. The Humbucker ones do. Definitely a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top P-90.

Double EDIT: Apparently the P-90 gold tops have versions with no pickguards and with pickguards. ARGH. Screw Gibson. I'm sticking to other brands.
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 8
If you look closely at the head, you can barely make out the Gibson 4 triangle 1 rectangle logo found on the Les Paul Custom.

x-gibson-les-paul-custom-74999663-head.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back