Question for Radiohead fans
Dec 11, 2010 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

TobaccoRoad

500+ Head-Fier
Regarding the song Reckoner from the album In Rainbows. Do you hear the guitar in the first 10 seconds of the song? Just wondering if it's just me hearing things, thanks.

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 15
It's the way the room is mic'd.  I have the original "tracks" from the master prior to the full mix.  You can hear the guitar on the entire drum track, so one of the mics from the drum set must have been picking up the guitar in the room.  I never noticed it before though, consciously at least.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 15

Quote:
It's the way the room is mic'd.  I have the original "tracks" from the master prior to the full mix.  You can hear the guitar on the entire drum track, so one of the mics from the drum set must have been picking up the guitar in the room.  I never noticed it before though, consciously at least.

Ah! So this means that during recording, the guitar and drums were to come in at the same time. Later on in production they probably decided to leave the guitar out for a few bars.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #11 of 15
Yeah, I've recorded with bands and what we usually would do is have drums and guitar record together first. There would always be bleed between the two, but it wouldn't be noticeable.. kind of like here.

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 15
Listening to a FLAC CD rip, no, I can't hear it at all. I think you guys are hearing things........
wink_face.gif

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 15

Listening to a FLAC CD rip, no, I can't hear it at all. I think you guys are hearing things........
wink_face.gif

O no it's definitely there but it's on the left ear though Wouldn't it be on the right ear also if it's a recording issue? I mean the drums are coming from both.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 15

Quote:

O no it's definitely there but it's on the left ear though Wouldn't it be on the right ear also if it's a recording issue? I mean the drums are coming from both.

Well there are tambourines and shakers and things like that on the left, and the drums are actually only on the right side. If you listen you can hear the snare and the cymbal coming from just the right channel. They probably recorded the two separately. It's definitely mic bleed, that's exactly what bleed sounds like when I do recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back