Question for Greater Toronto Area: is Canada Post stealing your mail?
May 26, 2011 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Eudoxa

New Head-Fier
Hello headfi,

I'm just kinda suspicious of thievery happening at Canada Post right now.

So, first of all I'm in Toronto.

I recently ordered some computer parts at NCIX and the order went from Mississauga to Scarborough and is now indefinitely being locally delivered around the Scarborough area.  Toronto is in between the two.  That was at the beginning of this month and I'm in the process of getting a refund now, so all in all no major harm done.

I have recently placed an order at Fulcrum Audio and they sent me an e-mail saying that they shipped with Canada Post.  This package started in Markham (where Fulcrum Audio is located).  Today, the tracker says that my parcel went from Markham to Mississauga.  Again, bypassing Toronto which is in between the two as well.  This particular package is too early to call because it's only been about a day, but if you can bring the package to Mississauga I would suspect it would've been easier to just bring it to Toronto.  There's Canada Post buildings all around me ranging from small sorting plants to GIGANTIC plants (where all their trucks are parked) to multiple outposts which, I think, litter Canada in general. 

So I'm worried that there's an inside crime thing going on in Canada Post.  I know it's foolish to call thievery based on just one package when they've been great otherwise, but I've never had my package shipped from one processing plant to another that is ENTIRELY out of the way.  Especially since it is shipping to the same plant that is preludes the Scarborough plant.  Canada Post is close to a strike, so I hear, but would that affect shipping times?  I had also shipped some Sennheisers back to the Quebec repair centre and they got there successfully and pretty quick so it would seem not.

May 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 5
etysmile.gif

Sorry everybody, I was just being paranoid.  I got my parcel afterall.

Still relatively new to ordering stuff online and it escapes me as to how a tracked parcel can disappear
confused_face_2.gif

May 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudoxa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have recently placed an order at Fulcrum Audio and they sent me an e-mail saying that they shipped with Canada Post.  This package started in Markham (where Fulcrum Audio is located).  Today, the tracker says that my parcel went from Markham to Mississauga.  Again, bypassing Toronto which is in between the two as well.  This particular package is too early to call because it's only been about a day, but if you can bring the package to Mississauga I would suspect it would've been easier to just bring it to Toronto.  There's Canada Post buildings all around me ranging from small sorting plants to GIGANTIC plants (where all their trucks are parked) to multiple outposts which, I think, litter Canada in general. 

It's probably a "hub" thing.

Like FedEx in the US. Everything first goes to their world hub in Memphis, Tennessee. So even if someone in Asia is sending something to someone in Europe, it goes to Memphis before going to Europe.

I note that both FedEx and UPS have hubs in Mississauga. And in the US, the US Postal Service has a contract with FedEx for their Express Mail and Priority Mail. Perhaps Canada Post is doing something similar. Or maybe Mayor Hazel just likes to check everything first.
biggrin.gif

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back