Question for Gigabeat S Owners
Jul 27, 2006 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jack963

100+ Head-Fier
I have a question about tags on the Gigabeat S. If you had The Beatles tagged as "The Beatles" (rather than "Beatles, The"), would they show up under T or B when browsing by artist? This is one thing that really bothers me about the Vision:M, and I'd really rather not retag all my artsists that begin with "The" or "A" or "An," you know?

Also, what happens when you view a square image or a full screen video? Do you view at in "portrait" or "landscape"? Are there black bars above/below (in portrait mode) or to the side (in landscape mode) of the image?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi Jack,

On my gigagbeat The Beatles show up under B as "The Beatles".

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about regarding images, but you can choose to view images in landscape or portrait and some images or videos will have black bars depending on their aspect ratio.

By the way, the sound from the gigabeat is excellent and I'm very happy with the unit.

Rob

Jul 31, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 11
I am very pleased to hear this! Thanks a lot for the reply. I actually ordered an S60 today, so it should be here soon! I bought a Vision:M less than a month ago, and although it has a lot of features, I just don't think it is the player for me. I want something sleeker, a bit less bulky, and with more storage capacity (and preferrably something that isn't an iPod). Sounds like the Gigabeat is a good choice. Thanks again.

Jul 31, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jack963
What is one of the things you don't like about it?

whoops, i meant to say ZVM!!
eek.gif
The fact that all my the xxxxx's artists are under T

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 11
Hey Jack,

Let me know what you think about the S60 when you get it!

I'm hoping that we'll start to see some accessories for the unit soon. Until then, I'll just have to spend my money upgrading my cans!
600smile.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, thanks I have seen them.

I bought my Gigagbeat in Japan back in June, so I picked up a case for it when I was over there.

Quite frankly, this thing is really durable. The case I bought is simply a generic slip case so my Gigabeat is in and out of it all the time. However, there's not a single scratch on this thing (and I'm certainly not that careful with it either).

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back