Question for Campfire Polaris Owners
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 11
The Polaris doesn't really scale all that well. I think my favorite pairing was actually the Mojo. It keeps it signature but just makes it a little more detailed. I don't remember exactly. I'd try it but I just sold the Mojo.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 11
The Polaris doesn't really scale all that well. I think my favorite pairing was actually the Mojo. It keeps it signature but just makes it a little more detailed. I don't remember exactly. I'd try it but I just sold the Mojo.

Thanks for the response. I have a older Fiio E17k I was going to try on it when I receive my pair but good to know I may not need to upgrade.

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for the response. I have a older Fiio E17k I was going to try on it when I receive my pair but good to know I may not need to upgrade.
If I have some time over the next few days I'll try my Polaris with a few different DAP/AMP combos. I know the Polaris sounds amazing out of my Hugo 2 as well but with that combo at least the difference is not worth the price of admission.

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 11
If I have some time over the next few days I'll try my Polaris with a few different DAP/AMP combos. I know the Polaris sounds amazing out of my Hugo 2 as well but with that combo at least the difference is not worth the price of admission.

That would be awesome but seriously, only if you want to/have time. Also, you seem to know your stuff, what tips are you using?

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 11
I’d be happy to. Check my inventory in my profile if you have a specific pairing you’re interested in.

For me... JVC Spiral Dots. No question. I also like the ones that come with the ECDs from massdrop. I have the EDC and EDC3.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 11
For me, I prefer the Final E type tips.

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 11
I’d be happy to. Check my inventory in my profile if you have a specific pairing you’re interested in.

For me... JVC Spiral Dots. No question. I also like the ones that come with the ECDs from massdrop. I have the EDC and EDC3.

Just received my Spiral Dots. Very nice! Like them a lot better than spin fits. I have some Symbio-W and Symbio-N coming. Those just might be a little more bass heavy than I want. Reason I don't like the foam tips that well.

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 11
Just received my Spiral Dots. Very nice! Like them a lot better than spin fits. I have some Symbio-W and Symbio-N coming. Those just might be a little more bass heavy than I want. Reason I don't like the foam tips that well.
Glad you like them. I have had no luck with Spin Fits.

Agreed... Foam is tough for me because I like my treble.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 11
It makes a massive difference when you find the right tip. They aren't cheap but they last. As long as you don't lose them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back