Question for Audigy owners
Jul 3, 2004 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
hehe... i wonder how many people will answer this and actually admit they have an audigy in their pc..

anyway..

i just realised that my audigy is so crappy for watching DVD... no matter how i set it, the sound is always hollow... dont know how to explain it..
its like a wine that taste ok, but just not enough "body" in it... and watery..

thats how i feel..i think its my soundcard, since ive tried my speakers, headphones, all same result..

if you have an audigy, what setting are you using (the one you think sounds the best).

i have to set it to EQ- POP under control panel, because i think thats the only setting that sounds acceptable enough for me..
without the tweak, it just sounds so bright... and other settings are just too weird and unnatural...

sigh... i think i need a new soundcard... but i play games a lot, so im kinda stuck and dont wanna have dual soundcard.

anyway, so what setting are you guys using for your audigy ?

Jul 3, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 4
try this link to getting the best out of your Audigy2.

Audigy 1 and 2 tips

by the way, what don't you like about having two sound cards at the same time? i've got two (three if you count the onboard sound) and all is well. Windows XP does an excellent job in handling system resources.

Jul 4, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 4
About the only thing worth noting with the Audigy2 and movies is that the A2 has it's own decoders. So, if you are using something like unregistered WinDVD where all of the surround sound options are disabled, you can set the sound option to SPDIF pass-through and still get surround sound from your Audigy2. If you have player software with fully enabled surround sound, this is irrelevent. And if you are using headphones rather than surround speakers with this option, I'm honestly not sure what the sound card is doing (it sounds fine, but I'm not sure if it is just sending the 2-channel mix or downmixing the surround).

As far as advanced EQ, CMSS, and so on go, I generally don't use any of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back