Originally Posted by ALBPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow....This brings back memories...

I started with 605 S2's....
http://www.bwspeakers.com/downloadFi...fo_DM605S2.pdf

And traded up over the years to the 803's:
http://www.bwspeakers.com/downloadFi...autilus803.pdf

very nice
eggosmile.gif
I love the sound from my DM1800s, maybe someday... 800Ds *dream...dream* with a Conrad Johnson rig
cool.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 25
Can you guys see the foam inside the matrix cabs? Do they have problems rotting over time, like many other foams from 20 yrs back?

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicalguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Midnight: where is the crossover that you are photographing? I'm just curious.

on the bottom of the speaker. you flip it upside down and unscrew a panel that the speaker usually rests on.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #23 of 25
I have some foam on the top of my B&W speakers (the mid/tweeter unit sits on a big piece of foam), and it's getting pretty funky. Probably still performs acoustically as new, but it looks lumpy and deteriorated. I suspect the material used for the matrix system is entirely different - a hard expanded styrene or something?

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #24 of 25
I just purchased a pair of b&w dm1800's off eBay for $300...all of the pics I've seen of these speakers don't show them with a front firing port & the mid bass woofer surround is different, have I been duped?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #25 of 25
im still kind of confused why mine has a single set of speaker inputs, where on all the literature it appears that they should have 4 in order to be biamped/biwired. Maybe it was an option?

I have DM 1800' s .they are single wire..I Think this Bi Wire stuff is a sales gimmick...If the crossover is of good enogh quality that is all thats needed...Audio range is only hearable to around 9khz.. As long as the extra headroom is not pushed into distortion by the amp things should be ok...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back