Question: Bluetooth dongle that lets you use mic that's part of plug-in headphones.
Nov 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TheLandYacht

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a bluetooth receiver (dongle) that I can plug a standard wired headphones (WITH MIC) into, and use the mic that's part of the headphones.

To clarify, I'm looking for a bluetooth dongle that either does NOT have it's own built-in microphone, or allows the use of the one that is part of the plugged-in headset.

Oh, and it's for use with a celphone...for communications, not for music listening (I know, sacrilege).   I see after a little reading that this forum's mostly focused toward hi fidelity sound, but I've gotten no results elsewhere.

Why, you ask?  I've found a well-reviewed throat-mic based headset, but it is not available in bluetooth...and although they've been saying for the last couple of years that they're coming out with a bluetooth version, I've begun wondering if they ever will.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 9
The Jabra can do that plus it has control buttons but any bluetooth device will degrade the SQ and SPL.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 9
Because after looking at Jabra's website (and the user manual for each of the above mentioned pendants), both have built-in microphones.  

Does plugging in a headset that includes a microphone disable the one on the pendant?  I haven't been able to find any documentation on this.  

The whole purpose of using a "throat microphone" is for noise isolation (notice I didn't say cancellation).  Because a true throat mic operates by picking up the vibrations directly from your vocal cords, and not from the air, it only "hears" what you say, not any ambient noise.  I've heard recordings done in noisy night-clubs, on the highway (at speed) on a motorcycle, etc.  They're all clear & legible despite the ambient noise you have to know were surrounding the person at the time.

But if the mic on the pendant is still functioning, then that defeats the purpose of using a throat-mic.

By the way, the line of throat-mic headsets I'm looking at are by IASUS concepts, Here's the link.  
http://www.iasus-concepts.com/

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 9
I misread your statement:

"I'm looking for a bluetooth dongle that either does NOT have it's own built-in microphone"

despite you capitalizing "NOT". The Jabra clipper indeed has a mic. sorry.

I'll test it out and let you know.

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Dear Sir:

I am also looking to convert my PC Headsets to Bluetooth.

I'm Looking for a Hands-Free Bluetooth Adapter that Does Not have a built-in Microphone, so that I may use the Microphone on my David Clark PC Headset.

The main reason I'm looking for this Bluetooth Adapter is that I'm not transmitting good sound out of my Noise-Cancelling headset Microphone while making regular Cell Phone Calls on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smartphone.

My Cell Phone calls are excellent when using a different pair of Bluetooth PC Headsets. My Online Calls are also excellent when using those same Bluetooth PC Headsets via Skype.

Getting good quality Cell Phone Calls while using my PC Headsets is the main reason I'm looking for a Bluetooth Adapter. This way I would also be able to use me General Aviation David Clark headsets, for that matter.

PC Headsets or even General Aviation headsets would work very well on Cell Phone Calls or Skype Calls while using the Bluetooth Platform.

As you can see, I need a Bluetooth Adapter that allows the use of the PC Headset's own Microphone.

Where you able to find the Bluetooth Adapter that you where also looking for?

Please let me know.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Alberto E. Gongora
smart.products@yahoo.com

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 9
I ran across this ancient thread while reviewing my Bluetooth gizmos ...
I had a similar desire and acquired an HTC BH S600 ... there is another post here about it,
but it seems to be discontinued, and so may be difficult to find.
I do see a listing for new stock on eBay UK for 29 pounds, not sure if they ship to USA.

It will take any headset with a four pole 3.5 mm plug, and comes with one.

I am quite happy with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back