Question; Bjork - Vespertine
Jan 25, 2005 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

romesaz

100+ Head-Fier
I think I got some sort of Bootleg copy of the CD from Russia, but i've got a question for owners of legit bought CDs;

Whats the track listning? and ARE there any bonus tracks?
Cause mine has all the tracks from Selma's Songs, as well as 1 or 2 that i havent heard on ANY of her CDs so far, such as "Our Hands", which is TOTALLY kicka**
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 9
my answer would be bootleg all the way, any cd from russia, hong kong, china, is suspect of being non-legit. there are no bonus tracks on my vespertine cd. hope this helps.

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 9
thanks for the quick answer
however, another question then...
Any idea which CD, bootleg or not "Our Hands" is from? and whether you've even heard it?

edit: reason im asking is because Im not sure as to the quality... I dont know whether this was compiled off a bunch of poorly ripped MP3s, or whether its actually decent...hmm..I need to go audition the CD somewhere

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 9
I remember going to a record store in a train station in St. Petersburg and finding a Bjork CD that had Debut through Homogenic on it. There's no way in hell it's legit, so I hope you didn't pay any more than a couple dollars for it.

Bjork did a single after Vespertine called "It's in our hands" that only appeared on her Greatest Hits CD.

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuineaMcPig
I remember going to a record store in a train station in St. Petersburg and finding a Bjork CD that had Debut through Homogenic on it. There's no way in hell it's legit, so I hope you didn't pay any more than a couple dollars for it.

Bjork did a single after Vespertine called "It's in our hands" that only appeared on her Greatest Hits CD.

Nah, this CD is Vespertine with most of the Selma's Songs tracks on it, as well as a few others, of which one is "Our Hands", exactly what you've mentioned.
hmm.. Yeah, the CD that had debut-homogenic is mp3, and these are becoming quite popular in Russia.
Hmm... I need to get a legit copy then heh....

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 9
sorry cant help on that one, never heard the song. i cant testify as to what any of those cds sound like, i have only been the "victim" of one purchase of a cd like this, in my case it was a radiohead (of which i am a freak collector) and this cd was supposed to be a "gold hdcd" of the bends and when i examined the packaging which was quite nice, however i could tell from experience with lots of music in my collection that it was an unofficial release. hope this helps you out.

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuineaMcPig

afaik, It's In Our Hands showed up on Greatest Hits, on the EP It's In Our Hands (which has 2 very good mixes btw) and as a live version on Vespertine Live (also packed in the Live Box). It's In Our Hands is one of my favorite Bjork songs, and it has a great video too, which was directed by Spike Jonze. You really should get the real version, Romesaz. the mastering is very good.

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, I gotta get some money and go out buy every CD im missing hahah
but I really want the actual version even if its of just this one song. It just hits the right spot. I'm in love with it. If only it were a woman lol.
do you know if its easily acquired? or gotta do some searching online?
Im in Canada, so that itself limits me in every way haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back