Question and shopping tips about DAP
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lucavmw

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, first i have a question: if I use a bluetooth IEM (APTX or LDAC) are there any difference if I use a smartphone (which supports aptx/ldac) as player or a more expensive Mp3/dap player???

Now the shopping tips: I am looking a DAP which has the following specifications
1- wifi (I will use tidal and spotify) and the possibility to use also in offline
2- bluetooth APTX HD or LDAC
3- balanced output

priority to quality of audio... not so important the weight and the battery life.
It should be better (but not mandatory) if it can be used as DAC connected to laptop.

Cost: around 300$

I see review of the following but I don't know differences and alternatives... can you help me???

ONKYO DP-X1
fiio m9
fiio m11 (if I had to consider a used one)

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 8
Firstly there wont be a difference in sound if you use a bluetooth iem connected to a dap/smartphone. In that case you want a dap that has the best range and stability as possible, a smartphone will be the better choice in that regard.

You can take a look at stuff like the Hidizs AP80 pro, Shanling m2x and the Hiby R3 pro as they all should have bluetooth, wifi and balanced output.

SQ with bluetooth as mentioned above wont be any different between daps/smarthphones so choose one based on other factors.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 8
Thank you for your quick answer :wink: I never heard the DAP you mentioned... among them the only one available in italy is hidizs ap80 (I dont understand difference btween pro and not pro). I am only concerned about the audio quality... is it good as onkyo of fiio??? I am considering also used DAP therefore is easy to find used onkyo or sony or fiio ... but for the dap you suggested I only have to find them as new on amazon..

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 8
A80 Pro vs non pro, the biggest difference is the pro having a 2,5mm balanced output while the non-pro not having it.

Onkyo is one of those brands that charge you for the brand and not the quality so forget it. I have the Fiio M11 and enjoy it but the IBasso DX160 is probably better but it has bad bluetooth stability and range according to some people so not good for you.

You shouldnt spend that much money on a dap if you are using bluetooth iems. becasue a smartphone can do the same, with the same quality if not better due to range and stability. But if you mean better wired quality, then yes a dap will make a difference.

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 8
Thank you I need DAP in order to use it with cable not bluetooth! Bluetooth should be an alternative only when I am in gym....I was just curious about bluetooth...
Ok that clarifies things, I would l go with combo 5, ibasso dx160 2020. Otherwise if you want cheaper I would go with Hiby R5, R3 Pro or Hidizs Ap80 Pro. SQ should be something like this DX160 > R5 > R3 Pro = AP80 Pro
1591971981425.png

A very good deal and you also get a good iem (havent heard it but it has some hype right now)

https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/linsoul-june-deal-event

If you are worrying about extra fees from the shipping (VAT) just tell the store to declare a lower price on the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back