Question about Xonar Essence STX and 2/4/6/8 channels
Nov 17, 2015 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lucenzo

New Head-Fier
I'm a newb when it comes to details like this so bare with me please :)

I've been using a Xonar Essence STX together with a Beyerdynamic DT880/DT990 for about 2 years now and I'm very happy with this combination. I've just been noticing something a while ago.

Whenever I set the amount of soundchannels to 2, this part (see red in picture: http://i.imgur.com/1CwbJFl.png) stops working. Also adjusting the frequencies in the effect tab doesn't work with 2 channels. Settings the sound signature to Rock, Bass, Treble, Jazz, or even manually adjusting doenst do anything anymore. With 4 channels or more however, these things work perfectly.

Now, normally I wouldn't have a problem with this per se, but the issue is that when I put it on 4, 6 or 8 channels, the sounds in 1 particular game, Final Fantasy XIV (which I spent most of my time on), gets screwed up. Screwed up in the way that some sounds effects in the game are only "normal volume" when fully zoomed in, but when zoomed out these particular sound effects become really low, volume wise. When the amount of channels is 2 though, I have normal volume 100% of the time ingame. But then the entire effect tab on the Xonar driver doenst work.

I know that 4 channels or more is not meant for Stereo headphones, and that's most likely why it screws up my audio ingame (lack of physical channels/drivers in the headphone, cmiiw please, I'd like to learn more).

(TL;DR) So my question is, how can I fix the frequency bars adjustment under the effect tab, when I have the soundcard set on 2 channels with a stereo headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back