Question about Triple.fi 10´s
Dec 27, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet. I own a pair of Triple-fis but none of those others, my earlier iems were Shure e3cs and the Triple-fi bass blew them out of the water as well as the whole soundscape. Good luck. I got lucky and got something that works well for me but smart to try to audition anything you can. Bass is punchy and way better than my earlier Shures but there is a lot of debate about the different iem sounds out here.

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 7
Welcome to Head-fi. I will try to dissect what your sound preference. Other members, if i'm wrong, do correct me.

Bass: You want tightness in bass since that two provides boomy bass. triple.fi 10 produces really tight punching bass. I actually prefers a little looseness in bass but not to the extent of UM2.

Soundstage: You want closer and more intimate sound. But do you like SE530 soundstage? triple.fi are in-between SE530 and IE8.

You also like bright sounding IEM. Do you find Super.fi 5 pro harsh in high frequency? triple.fi has better high but that doesnt meant it will go any higher. It's just more refined and controlled. More doesnt equate better. SE530 and IE8 are warm sounding.

Shape/design wise, W3 reminiscent SE530 while triple.fi similar to super.fi5pro. There are complaints regarding fit on both IEM.

*How long you burn in that IE8?

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no credit card, so overseas ordering isn´t an option.....

I don't have a credit card either, but I hardly ever need one for international transactions.
I either do an international bank transfer or I use Paypal (you can use Paypal without a credit card).
If you need help for a specific transaction you can PM me.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 7
if you think the highs are right on the super.fi's i dont think you will like the triples as that is the primary thing you will notice that is different - as in more. yes it is more refined and better quality, but it is also a respectable amount more highs.

the triples bass is better than the supers. it just extends deeper and is more defined and more detailed. it is superb and a notch above the super's bass.

i went from super's to triples myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back