Question about trading triple.fi 10s for AKG K-701s
Nov 17, 2008 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

leebSaMmY

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I've recently picked up some Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro's. I'm afraid that I may have been to quick to purchase without thoroughly thinking it through. Buying full size cans would have probably suited me better. to get to the point, I've listened to HD580/600/650s most Denons, Grados and AKGs. I really like the AKG K-701s. I figured this would be a good place to ask if ultimately that would be a worthy trade. They're roughly the same price range. I figured someone here would know.

Thanks,
Sam
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 22
Quick answer is yes. Quick reason is soundstage, IF you have a desktop amp. If you are feeding them with a portable or computer hp out, no.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 22
There will be others who have heard your gear. I'd say the Pico combo should sound pretty good but you may not have enough amp to get the best out of the 701s.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 22
Throw out a trade offer for a pair on the f/s forum. You have to get fifty posts first. If you can get a trade, you can at least try them with what you have. If they sound good to you, stand pat. This is a work in progress, not a race. I've been waiting for over a year to get a new source. Will be waiting a while longer with this economy the way it is.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 22
I was thinking about doing that. i just wanted to ask and make sure that it was a deal someone would actually take before putting in the time. But, i guess you guys are saying that it is so i'll go for it once i make 50 posts.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 22
Hit the music and general discussion forum and you can get there pretty quick. Are you going to use the go vibe if you get rid of the 530s or do you have another pr of portables? If you can sell your portable amp, that can go toward a tube amp (Christmas). Something like a Little Dot, Dark Voice or EC Lunchbox. $110-225 to go with that pico.

BTW, 701s go for around $260 on ebay new. They go for around $190 or less used.

Sorry, I'll get out of your wallet. (slithers back under my rock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back