Question about tips
Nov 30, 2007 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

elnero

Headphoneus Supremus
Being an IEM guy who uses Shure E500's as his headphone of choice I'm very interested in hearing the new Klipsch earphones. Unfortunately due to a couple of factors when that that might happen is a bit of a question mark but from what I've read there is something else about Klipsch's entry into the headphone market I find interesting, the tips. So far it sounds like they're quite comfortable and I'd be very interested in trying them, are they designed so that they will fit most of the other universal IEM's on the market like the Shure's?

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 27
I am not sure how to answer that. I need to check with legal first before saying something like they will fit. I don't know how well they would "lock" to a competitive nozzle. That is the concern I have.

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 27
Lets try it another way then, are the stocks on the Klipsch phones the same as most of the other high end IEM's on the market such as Shure's and Westone?

Oh and while we're at it, what about the cables, are they replaceable?

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets try it another way then, are the stocks on the Klipsch phones the same as most of the other high end IEM's on the market such as Shure's and Westone?

Oh and while we're at it, what about the cables, are they replaceable?

The diameter of the nozzles are similar but you have compression dimensions and durometers to be concerned about. So it is hard to tell how much grip you are going to get. Shure also has more than one O.D. for the nozzles depending on the model.

The cables are not replaceable. We made a conscious decision to minimize the size and the connector would have added to the bulk of the body. Since these are designed for mobility we wanted them very light and small.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will Klipsch sell their gel sleeves as accessories? Someone just discovered them in the headphone forum, and they appear to work very well with Etymotic ER4Ps. Just curious.

Yes, the Klipsch "Ovaloid" gels will be offered on the web and in stores as accessories soon.

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 27
Prof Thump - I got my Image from Amazon.co.uk and registered with the Klipsch website for the 2 pairs of extra ear gels.

Does this offer apply to people outside the US???

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Thump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure how to answer that. I need to check with legal first before saying something like they will fit. I don't know how well they would "lock" to a competitive nozzle. That is the concern I have.

They lock perfectly onto the Etymotic ER-4P. They seem much better than the Ety tips, maybe because they're oval instead of round? I don't know if that would make a difference, but they are extremely comfortable tips, the best I've ever tried.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prof Thump - I got my Image from Amazon.co.uk and registered with the Klipsch website for the 2 pairs of extra ear gels.

Does this offer apply to people outside the US???

The free tips for registration are available to all countries.

The ones we will have available for purchase in our store will be for the US only.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The free tips for registration are availalbe to all countries.

The ones we will have available for purchase in our store will be for the US only.

Thanks!

Hi Amy,Do you know where that i can purchase custom 3 btw i live in Malaysia and there is no custom 3 sadly

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #10 of 27
Hello,
I'm sorry, I don't know off-hand. You can check our dealer locator on our website and see if your local dealer has them on order, or send our customer service an email at support@klipsch.com
Thanks!

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
I'm sorry, I don't know off-hand. You can check our dealer locator on our website and see if your local dealer has them on order, or send our customer service an email at support@klipsch.com
Thanks!

Thanks so much Amy for the info it's really helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #12 of 27
I just got my Custom 3 on Friday and also own Ety4p. I find the Klipsch tips--all of them--far more comfortable than the Ety tips with the exception of the "flange" tip from Klipsch but only because after a few moments my ear itches, like I need to take the tip out of my ear and scratch the outside of the canal. But the larger gel tip is just wonderful and I don't even know it's in there.

I don't know if this is because of years of wearing Etys for a few hours each day, but I find the Custom 3 to be quite comfortable and use the various tips for various environs--the larger ones for total isolation, the smaller ones for when I'm out in public and need to hear surrounding sounds.

Hope this helps

Apr 7, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #15 of 27
Just out of curiosity, what sized tips are all of you using? I find myself switching back and forth between the mid-sized and large-sized frequently. I can't seem to get a good balance between a secure fit and optimal sound quality. I supposed I'd like to stick with the Medium sized tips, because I can get the best sound from those, but they are difficult, to manage. Any swift movement or contortion of the face and they will most often unseal. Especially in my left ear, some how it shifts and points to a wall in my ear canal cutting off the sound.
When I lay down on my back they also unseal.
These are not my first IEMs and dealings with tips, I've tried a view of them, Sony, UE, Westone , Shure and I never had this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back