Question About These Speakers I'ma Buy
Jun 26, 2008 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WarpedOne

New Head-Fier
Well, hello everyone, I've just registered.

Now my question:

I'm buying these bookshelf speakers, Polk Audio 5-1/4" Speakers, and I wanted to know if I could hook them up to my Logitech Squeezebox Duet through some sort of adapter. I assume the speakers have those connectors on the back where you either clip in the copper wire, or twist it in. Are there adapters that go to RCA male connectors?

Also, are there any adapters to connect it to a standard headphone jack, so I can use them on my laptop?

Thanks a lot for helping a new head-fi-er.
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 3
I dont have a squeezebox, but it sounds like the adapter you need is an amp. RCA out of the squeezebox into the amp, speaker outputs on the other side of the amp.

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Welcome.

You can't just use an adapter to hook up your Squeezebox to your speakers. The Squeezebox is not powerful enough to drive loudspeakers on it's own, so you need to get a power amplifier or integrated amplifier to drive your speakers. The amp will hook up to your Squeezebox (input) with RCA-terminated interconnects and to your speakers (output) through speaker wire binding posts.

Same goes for your laptop's headphone jack, it cannot drive speakers directly. You'll need to use a mini-to-RCA cable to hook it up to an integrated amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back