Question about the Marshmellows
Dec 15, 2006 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

terrineto

New Head-Fier
Soooo, I joined this community about a month ago, asking about noise cancelling headphones. I ended up settling for the cheap MDR-NC6. Aaaand, they don't work great, but I'm keeping them because the sound's amazing. I tested them out against the Sennheiser's and Bose QC2s, with $350 in my pocket *just in case*. So, to the guy who just made a thread about getting his first pair of real headphones, maybe it's the music you're listening to, but my MDR-NC6s have a clear, warm, sweet sound. Perfect for jazz, singer-songwriter material. Try them out on D'Angelo's "Cruisin" and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

But, my sound isolating issue wasn't settled. And, although I hate earbuds, I was at Best Buy today and bought the Marshmellows y'all are raving about (in blue, fyi!). I'm not ready to go buy the Shures when I can't test them anywhere and don't know how I feel about the whole canalphone thingggg.

Now, how are these supposed to work? Like, how deep do I put them in and how exactly do I get the seal and everything? I tried "compressing" like the instructions say but maybe I was doing it wrong. They weren't falling out, but I could hear *everything* outside just as well as I usually do. I'd appreciate anyone giving me a detailed explanation of how these canalphones work 'n all.

I've had the Sony MDREX51 (I think?!. The one that costs less than the 71s), and I've loved them for a while. I love the look, I love the sharp, detailed sound. Bash me if you want. It might just be that I'm just in love with my music, and any comfortable headphone makes me happy
smily_headphones1.gif
. Anyways, I tried the 51's tips (Well, I actually tried the Griffin EarJams tips, because I purchased those to replace the 51 tips when I lost mine) but that little stick thing is in the way. Wouldn't come off. Any ideas? Because I read that someone said the 71 tips (Which are the same as the 51s) make the JVCs sound a ton better.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I just got the FX55 and the FX33 because they had em both and i wasnt sure wich were the better set, i came here a few days ago after i seen a set at walmart then i went back to get em and i didnt know there was 2 differnt versions.

The FX55 have the 3 tips like the sony, they fit the same and are just as thin. The FX33 remind me of the koss plug tips. I think i like them better they seem to get a better seal for my ears. The sound with these IEMs for me seem worthless without a good seal. There is nothing that i hate more then getting a good seal in one ear but the other just refuses to seal. The FX33 (marshmellow) i think are the better set.

The FX55 has a little longer cable also. The sound seems the same between the 2 but they feel of the case on the 33s seem more durable.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back