Question about the LCD-2 Classics
Oct 23, 2019 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thegen

Head-Fier
I got got a great offer on the LCD-2 Classics that I could not refuse. My only problem is that I can't afford an amp yet. Will be getting the Modi + Magni combo later on but until then, would I be able to run the LCD-2's with my onboard soundcard?

Probably a stupid idea but it says (TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 ohm headsets)

Is driver failure still a thing with the Classics, or has these issues been sorted out by Audeze?

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 4
You shouldn't have an issue with that. You won't get it's full potential but it will hold you over until you get something else. I run my 250 ohm DT770s off my Motherboard once in a while.

The Modi/Magni combo is amazing for the price. Also take a look at the new Asgard 3 with a 4490 DAC card. That might be an option for you.

I have not heard much about the driver failure. These issues tend to get blown out of proportion. I have/had several Audeze headphones and NEVER had an issue.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 4
Driver failures are a lot more rare after the 2016 driver rev as far as I know, and the LCD2C was released after that rev was introduced. It's a 70 ohm headphone with an average sensitivity. It'll run fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back