Question about the iGrado mod
Sep 21, 2006 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sjino

100+ Head-Fier
Some people have suggested that the thinner Senn PX100 pads help open up the treble, and someone else posted that the Radio Shack pads might do the same thing. (Plus, either pad could then be quarter modded.)

It would be much easier and cheaper for me to pick up the Radio Shack pads rather than ordering PX100 pads online. Can someone please confirm that the RS pads fit the iGrados?

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I think it might have been me who suggested the Radioshack pads and no, I don't know for sure if they will fit (I'm using px100 pads for my iGrados). But I think I remember reading somewhere that people were using these Radioshack pads on their Grados SR60, so if my memory is not playing tricks on me, they should fit.

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info. I asked because the RS pads fit the SR60s perfectly, but I hear the iGrado drivers are smaller than the SR60's.

Actually, I have a pair of the RS pads that I quarter modded for my SR60s, so I can try those before ordering the PX100 pads. (The RS pads are just gathering dust because I liked the yellow Senn pads better on the SR60s.)

I'll report back whether the RS pads work after I receive my iGrados. These pads are definitely thinner than the SR60 pads and the Senn pads, so maybe they'll do the trick treble-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back