Question about the gmini402
Nov 23, 2005 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LobsterSan

MOT: kuboTEN
I'm getting interested in picking this unit up for someone as a Christmas present. I was just wondering if this can be used as a USB host properly, and if the transfer speeds are actually USB 2.0 compliant. Specifically speaking, I'm interested if it can transfer files off its harddrive to flash media at decent speeds. I think this would be a great companion piece to a Sony PSP if it can do this successfully (moreso than the iAudio X5, since the X5 only transfers out at USB 1.1 speeds).

Nov 23, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 6
From what i have read on gmini400.com (i am also doing research on this player), the speed is indeed usb 2.0, but it won't work directly with a PSP, you need to use a card reader...

Nov 23, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, a card reader shouldn't be too expensive, right? I just hate that the PSP uses Sony's proprietary MSduo format. I already have a 4-in-1 USB2.0 card reader, but it doesn't accept Sony's MS format.

Thanks for the quick info!

Nov 23, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 6
actually, Tenacious is right, and i got confused reading the thread on gmini400.com (it was a damn confusing thread...)

it should work directly... no need for a card reader

ohh... and i read a new thread today stating that the USB host is 1.1... so i guess today just hasn't been my day...

Nov 24, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroyume
actually, Tenacious is right, and i got confused reading the thread on gmini400.com (it was a damn confusing thread...)

Yea, I looked at that thread. There were a lot of poorly written responses in there. Unfortunately, I think I also saw the USB1.1 speeds while in USB host mode.

Well, this'll be good for my friend anyways. I'll wait a bit longer for myself then to indulge in the 'perfect' pmp... for now the PSP alone will just have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back