Question about the E-MU 0404 USB's power
Apr 23, 2007 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

elbrickodaviso

100+ Head-Fier
I plan on selling my HD595 and upgrading to a Beyer DT880, mainly because the sound is supposed to be similar but better than the HD595s, and i tried on some dt770s and LOVED the comfort and looks. I do most of my music listening through my PC with pretty decent quality mp3s (192 at the worst).

Anyway, can anyone confirm that they would be properly amped through the E-MU? Also, does anyone have an opinion of how does it sound in comparison to an unmodded X-Fi XtremeMusic?

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 8
IMO, it was a big improvement over the XFi; and, I found the headphone amp to be more than adequate for the HD595. The nice thing about the E-MU0404USB is that it has the connection to add another headphone amp later if not satisfied with the integrated amp, or you just want to experiment
cool.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The nice thing about the E-MU0404USB is that it has the connection to add another headphone amp later if not satisfied with the integrated amp, or you just want to experiment
cool.gif

OK, now I'm really sold
biggrin.gif
Thanks.

edit: OH, one more question. Is the bundled software important? I may be getting it cheaper without any of the software. Is that a bad idea? lol.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 8
unless you are creating acoustic/vocal music... i didnt think the software was important.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, it was a big improvement over the XFi; and, I found the headphone amp to be more than adequate for the HD595. The nice thing about the E-MU0404USB is that it has the connection to add another headphone amp later if not satisfied with the integrated amp, or you just want to experiment
cool.gif

That's pretty cool, Dragon Rider. My setup will be very similar to yours, since I've decided to keep my hd595s. I'll get the e-mu 0404 usb and later purchase Beyer DT770/80s as a nice contrast to the 595s and for gaming.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will the emu drive bookshelfs too?

Not directly.......it has an internal headamp. If you have powered speakers, then the main outputs can be connected, but the 0404 USB by itself can't drive non-powered speakers.

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 8
the 0404 usb leans on the bright side, which makes a great combo with senns since it lifts off whatever veil they may have. but from what i understand, beyers are a bright bunch, so you may want to think about adding a warm link in the chain there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back