Question about the cords of E2G, ER6, EP-630
Feb 25, 2006 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Amuse

100+ Head-Fier
I kind of like the Sharp MD-33s, but I don't like the cord design that it has.

I am wondering for each of these headphones:
Length of the cord?
Is it L-shape plug or straight plug?
Is it neck-chain (right cord longer, so goes behind neck) or Y-shape style cord?

Shure E2G
Ety ER6 (the black one)
Creative EP-630
Panasonic RP-HJE50

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 7
The Panasonics have the neck-chain cords.

The Etymotics have the y-shaped cords.

(I'd tell you about the plugs, but I don't have either one with me right now -- still at work.)

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 7
etymotic er6

length- 5 feet
plug- straight
neck chain- no

shure e2g (i'm assuming it has similar lengths to my e3g)

length- shorter than i thought, but stilll nice, from the split in the cord to the plug, its about 45 inches but the total length, from buds to plug is 57 inches

plug- tough, durable L-shaped plug

neck chain- cords are even length
buds can be worn lyk conventional buds meaning straight down, or "upside down" so the wire goes around your ear down in front of you, or behind you
kinda hard to describe, and sounds uncomfortable, but the cord around your ear is unnoticable

consider the Panasonic RP-HJE70
refer to ilounge headphone forums, read jackonicko's posts, he is a die-hard advocate of these buds

length- 0.5 meters, but come with a 1 meter extension
plug- straight
neck chain- yes

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 7
Ety Black ER6i and ER6 - Y cord, 5 foot and L plug. White ER6i version has a straight plug.
EP630 - Y cord, 1.2m and straight plug.
HJE50 - Neck-chain, 0.5m + 1m and L plug at the 1m extension.
E2g - Y cord, 1.4+m and L plug.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse
Thanks,

another one I'm wondering about is Sony EX51LP

1. Length of the cord?
A little shorter than the RP-HJE50 overall. Also, HJE50's main cord comes with an extension. Remove the extension and the main cord only reaches down to about the belly button when worn. This allows better use with DAP in-line remotes or lanyard-hung mp3 players.

2. Is it L-shape plug or straight plug?
L-shaped mini plug

3. Is it neck-chain (right cord longer, so goes behind neck) or Y-shape style cord?
Neck-chain (right longer, goes behind neck)

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Forgot to ask -- are you thinking of the Etymotic ER-6 or the Er-6i? Most people like the "i" version more. I got the "non-i" version without knowing the difference at the time ... and I've been able to get used to its detailed, un-bassy sound. So the "i" version should sound quite good.

I have the Sony 51s, the Sony 71s and the Panasonic HJ-E50s ... and I like the Sony's more, despite what many on these forums say. They're pysically a bit more comfortable, and they have a "fun" (non-"serious," non-analytical) sound. I've had no problems with the cords (but then I don't throw them into a bag or my pocket without first putting them in something to protect them and the player I'm using). Some people's cords have certainly shredded, though ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back