Question about the AKG K271
Nov 3, 2009 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thegen

Head-Fier
I recently got myself a pair of the AKG K240 Studio headphones and instantly fell in love with the sound, but not the looks. So I returned these and bought the K271 Studio instead and now that I've been using these daily I must say they lack bass alot, not always but mostly. It feels like there is no bass at all in some music where I know there should be. Even my Genelec 6010 (3") have more bass compared to these. It is frustrating because I simply love the sound from these headphones, but I would just want more warmth in them, is there a way or do I have to buy myself some other phones?

I am using the built-in headphone amp in my E-MU Tracker Pre btw.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 5
Ive paired up my 271 with one of Sony's DAP(S738), they've got the "clear bass" feature which helps with the bass-light 271 and the compromise (to me) is very minimal

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 5
recommending K701 when someone wants more bass from a K271? Might as well recommend a sennheiser to someone who wants a circumaural grado.

I would recommend getting velour pads, if you want to keep the same phones. They add bass, and warmth overall, give the vocals a bit more weight as well. They are 30 dollars or so, but if you don't like them you can sell them here and get most of that back. search the forums for "Frank AKG" and you'll find his number.

otherwise, I'd recommend getting one of the older K240 models, preferablly the Monitor and not the studio. They're cheaper anyways.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently got myself a pair of the AKG K240 Studio headphones and instantly fell in love with the sound, but not the looks. So I returned these and bought the K271 Studio instead and now that I've been using these daily I must say they lack bass alot, not always but mostly. It feels like there is no bass at all in some music where I know there should be. Even my Genelec 6010 (3") have more bass compared to these. It is frustrating because I simply love the sound from these headphones, but I would just want more warmth in them, is there a way or do I have to buy myself some other phones?

I am using the built-in headphone amp in my E-MU Tracker Pre btw.

i found the K271 to be a little bass shy initially, but improved after 50 hrs or so. i also think they sound great out of my BM DAC1, but definately warmer and bassier with my bigger amps.

give them some time, but there are other closed HPs out there that will give you more bass. you should be able to get a decent s/h price for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back