Question about Super .fi cables
Mar 19, 2007 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all, just wondering something that hopefully someone with Super .fi experience can help me out with.
I've got the Super .fi 5 Pro, and I just found out about the "flip-flop" or "FS" mod, where you connect the left cable to the right driver and vice versa, and wear them invertedly for a lower profile look. The problem is, I notice that when I have the cables/drivers switched, the fit of the right cable/left driver combination isn't so snug (it pulls off effortlessly). When switched back to normal config, the fit of the cable/driver feels nice and secure again. My question: Has anyone else experienced this (loose cables) and had it remedied by replacing the cables? Or is it that the plugs for the drivers can actually wear themselves loose after a few cable unpluggings?

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 6
My suggestion is not to flip the cables alot, since that could wear it out very quickly, but no, I haven't experience the same thing with my 3's.
blink.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My suggestion is not to flip the cables alot, since that could wear it out very quickly, but no, I haven't experience the same thing with my 3's.
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did the cable switch on my super.fi and the cable fits snugly on both sides.

Same here ... only thing i can suggest if to make sure you have the cable in phase (there's a very small raised notch that lines up cable to earpiece).

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 6
I actually have noticed the same thing that you have. Ever since I made the mod the monitors come loose a lot more easily than when I first detatched them from the cable. Not to the point where they just slip off, but if I were to snag it on something one of them might (it has happened once). i didn't want you to feel that you were the only one ; ) Kinda makes ya think we weren't MEANT to do the mod even though UE now endorses it on their site. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back