Question about splitting an audio signal..
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

walls

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Bifrost that I run out to a WA2 and I would like to add a nice solid state amp for variety but I really dont want to have to buy another Bifrost so I was wondering if there was a way to split the analog outs of the Bifrost so that it can be sent to two amps. Of course I want to do this WITHOUT degrading the sound quality, any ideas?

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Your Bifrost has a 75 ohm output impedance, which is fairly low.  Your WA2 has a 100K input impedance, which is quite high.  The Bifrost doesn't even know the WA2 is there, so adding another device wouldn't have any negative impact at all.  Just use an RCA "Y" splitter like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042904&p_id=7227&seq=1&format=2

Most solid state amps will have a somewhat lower input impedance than the WA2, but even if it was 1/10 of the WA2, the Bifrost still wouldn't even know it's there.  You should be able to hang about a dozen amps on the Bifrost, and so long as the cables aren't really long, no negative effects.  

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, now I need to search for a good solid state amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back