question about sound card, winamp, speakers.
Feb 28, 2015 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone.
I've switched from aurvana live to brainwavz hm5 and love them.
Have xonar dg and using it in 60ohm mode. Now for some time I've been thinking:

I would like usb dacamp. Something powered by usb only. Maybe creative xfi hd ? Don't have much to spend and want Something with Jack in front, volume knob and inputs to allow couple devices.

2.0 speakers. Maybe t20 or t40! Or a soundbar like creative roar ? How does front Jack work on t20 ort40 ?

Does winamp need setting anything? I am using it with 44 320 mp3 for years and years. My xonar dg is also set to 44. Just a question which never came to my head since I am using winamp for 20years

Headphone stand for hm5 ?

Thanks

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 15
I'm not sure I understand your post - can you clarify "inputs to allow couple devices"? Do you mean you want it to have the ability to switch between multiple USB inputs from different sources? Or do mean that you want it to have the ability to output to multiple destinations like both headphones and powered speakers? What's a T20? Is that a model of computer speakers? What brand?

I also don't understand your question on Winamp. What do you mean by "44 320 mp3"? Do you mean the mp3 files are 320K bits/sec, and encoded at 44.1KHz? What are you trying to determine.

Sorry, I'm guessing we have some language gaps here and I'm lost.

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 15
I might have not explained this enough.
About more inputs statement. Just asking for some versitality. To be able to connect ps4 and pc to both speakers on the back of the device and powered headphone jack would be nice. Tired of replugging cables every time I want to use a console or headphones.

T20 and t40 are both 2.0 creative brand speakers.

44 is a sampling rate. I've noticed that most of my mp3s play at that rate a switched my xonar dg to the same. I just wonder if it's correct thing to do it should I adjust some settings in winamp for playthrough suitable for my hm5

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 15
How much is "not much to spend?" That's different for everyone. :)

I am not that crazy about spending too much on audio stuff besides my fantastic brainwavz hm5 :D well I've paid 120USD for them but that's more in Poland than in USA so that's not an insignificant amount of money here. But God these are incredible

Maybe 100usd or a little bit more would be ok. Only devices I know like that are xonar u7 and creative xfi hd usb. I like the second more but I am not sure if it can passively work by just being powered from any usb like on ps4. Or is it a strict pc device. But it have all inputs and outputs I want. And looks nice + have volume knob

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Thanks. Those are a bit too wide it seems... And actually prices in stores I prefer, here in Poland seem a bit too high.

So, I've done some reading and: I dont think i will need to get any audio interface device, If I will buy 2.0 speakers with headphones input and aux in in front. Just like a40 You showed me!

One question tho: How does that work? Is the headphone out on speakers amplified in some way or what?
Also: What do you think about creative T20 v2 ? Or is it worth and get something like t40 v2 ? M-audi a30/a40 are just too wide it seems and those creative speakers are taller and also have aux in/headphone out. But I am open for other suggestions.

Reminder of my current setup:
Brainwavz HM5
xonar DG (using ehadphones through front of the case jack)
and my current speakers are trusty old (14 years now and still kicking) creative cambridge dt2200 5.1 setup which I've reduced to 2.1.... thats why I trust creative brand

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #12 of 15
There's a sale on T40s at Creative Labs (85 EUR and shipment is free):
http://pl.creative.com/p/speakers/gigaworks-t40-series-ii

This is 100 PLN cheaper than in Polish shops. I did an extensive research and the best affordable 2.0 option with limited space (max 11 cm or 4 inches wide) is T40s. The next would be Audioengine A2s, which are >900 PLN.
I bought the T40s a week ago and pretty satisfied with them.

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #14 of 15
It's been there for at least a week and a half, so might stay there (although the German site for example lists regular price - 150 EUR).

Quite normally - you just plug the 'phones in and it works :). I had the same solution in Logitech X-530 and it works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back