Question about Shure SRH headphone's isolation
Jan 14, 2010 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
How much noise does it blocks out and does create a lot of pressure between your ears? I wear glasses and some headphones create a lot of pressure on my ear which presses against my glasses and is not very comfortable to wear. Thanks.
o2smile.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 5
It does isolate pretty good, I use my srh440 to commute.

Unfortunately, I found that it's uncomfortable to use them when I'm wearing my raybans wayfarers, the branches of thoses glasses are pretty large tought.

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Isolation is excellent even going by closed headphone standards. Short of HD280/HD25 it'd be very hard to find another can that isolate as well as these.

The surprising thing with SRH840 at least, is that the clamp is actually quite minimal due to their headband design. While most studio headphones are known for clamping down very hard on your skull, these are a rare exception. However, their headband design presents a different flaw; they push down force onto top of your head a lot. The headband is padded so the feeling itself is not too horrible, but the headphone is heavy enough so that you'll feel all the weight of the headphone on top of your head... something to really consider if you have a head that is not too flat on top (egg shaped), or if you don't have much hair at the top. So while they don't clamp down much at all, long term comfort CAN vary with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back