Question about setting up the Xonar DG
Jan 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

B-Dawk20

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey there, I just recently purchased a Xonar DG because my last card did not have 24/96 digital out capability. Whenever I used the optical out or USB prior to that, the sound was always bypassed in windows and I could confirm this by turning the volume up and down and it always staying at the same level(since the D1 handles the actual signal). Now that I have the DG, windows can control the sound. I thought selecting the SPDIF bypass in playback devices would help but it actually just made it sound really noise for whatever reason.

Can someone help me setup the DG so that I can confirm it is indeed not doing the digital to analog process instead of my amp? I thought it would be really simple going into this but I guess not :\

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hey there, I just recently purchased a Xonar DG because my last card did not have 24/96 digital out capability. Whenever I used the optical out or USB prior to that, the sound was always bypassed in windows and I could confirm this by turning the volume up and down and it always staying at the same level(since the D1 handles the actual signal). Now that I have the DG, windows can control the sound. I thought selecting the SPDIF bypass in playback devices would help but it actually just made it sound really noise for whatever reason.

Can someone help me setup the DG so that I can confirm it is indeed not doing the digital to analog process instead of my amp? I thought it would be really simple going into this but I guess not :\

If your using the any optical output, the DG's DAC is being bypassed.
Is the optical cable connected to the DG's optical output or the motherboard's optical output?

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
If your using the any optical output, the DG's DAC is being bypassed.
Is the optical cable connected to the DG's optical output or the motherboard's optical output?

DG's I don't have one on the MOBO. I'm just still confused as to why I have volume control as well as why the SPDIF pass through option is so noisy. Do you think I should just try using ASIO or WASAPI?

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
DG's I don't have one on the MOBO. I'm just still confused as to why I have volume control as well as why the SPDIF pass through option is so noisy. Do you think I should just try using ASIO or WASAPI?

I use Foobar2000 for music (it's free), I believe I'm using WASAPI 3.0 with it.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok, I have Foobar2000 already(I use it as a backup) but I think I'll look into WASAPI and see what's up with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back