Question about sennheiser momentum
May 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nugget2013

100+ Head-Fier
i have got them out of the box about 20 minutes ago and i do not see much of a difference compared to beats. sure they need burn in but i thought there was more to this than overpriced fashion accessory beats? i listened on my phone from deezer and also on my laptop with cd quality music (320kb/s i think it is?) do i need an amplifier to get the most out of these sound wise or not since they can be powered easily from a portable device?

also..if i listen on my new HTC One, will the sound quality be better with or without the beats audio enabled or disabled? since we all know beats audio is a pile of sh** but im not sure if the built in "amp" of it is beneficial or not

May 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:
i have got them out of the box about 20 minutes ago and i do not see much of a difference compared to beats. sure they need burn in but i thought there was more to this than overpriced fashion accessory beats? i listened on my phone from deezer and also on my laptop with cd quality music (320kb/s i think it is?) do i need an amplifier to get the most out of these sound wise or not since they can be powered easily from a portable device?

You lost me at "listening on my phone".

while the momentum's are good phones they are still limited lowest common denominator.  perhaps an upgrade such as a FiiO E7/E17 may be in order?

May 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 14
Perhaps OP is too used to the Beats one-note bass sound signature?

The Momentum certainly doesn't deliver if what you're looking is more one-note bass.

May 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 14
Hello!

If someone find an Apple Earbuds are the something as say, SennheisernHD800, (for this case, Beats and Sennheiser) sound the same is because their ears have not get absorbed to the sound...yet.

Hmm, hey! Why not try purely listen to your Momentum then a few months later, switch back to your Beats. If you don't notice any differences, I will cry :'(

HAHAHHA
Billson :D

May 8, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 14
i would but i travel on the bus to college and places very often and i need to listen to music on bus otherwise i get very bored! and i dont want to take my new momentum's outside..so either i can use beats on the bus or my £20 goji tinchy headphones..but then my ears wont absorb purely to new style of momentum maybe? 

May 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 14
Personally, I do not think it's the amp difference. I do agree that pairing with one will help improving Momentum performance, but it's not necessary yet! Maybe give yourself sometime to listen and listen and listen to see if you can find the differences!

Momentum are definitely better than Beats no matter how you spin the plate!

Billson :)

May 8, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
Personally, I do not think it's the amp difference. I do agree that pairing with one will help improving Momentum performance, but it's not necessary yet! Maybe give yourself sometime to listen and listen and listen to see if you can find the differences!

Momentum are definitely better than Beats no matter how you spin the plate!

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

yea that seems a good idea, i'll let them burn in (for about 100 hours) i'll be generous. i will surely notice difference by then. i just dont know what the soundstage sounds like i dont think they sound "open" as such at the moment compared to beats then again i've not listened to an audiophile grade headphone before

May 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #10 of 14
yea that seems a good idea, i'll let them burn in (for about 100 hours) i'll be generous. i will surely notice difference by then. i just dont know what the soundstage sounds like i dont think they sound "open" as such at the moment compared to beats then again i've not listened to an audiophile grade headphone before

Momentum is already an audiophile headphone if you really take it into consideration! It's just on the bassy side :)

May 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 14
i don't know if being on the bassy side is good or not for me. i listen to pop/r&b and dance music mainly. artists such as rita ora, example, cheryl, girls aloud and will.i.am. so a lot of female vocals mainly

Tell you what, Momentum is one of the headphone out of all the headphones ( 50++) that sound so natural with female vocals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back