Question about Sennheiser hd 595's
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

larrybigbie

New Head-Fier
I've been thinking about upgrading from my current HD 555's to 595's but I have a few questions first.

1) Would the difference in sound quality from the 555's really be worth the price?

2) Would 595's require an amp, and if so what would you suggest?

Any recommendations of other headphones in a similar price range would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybigbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking about upgrading from my current HD 555's to 595's but I have a few questions first.

1) Would the difference in sound quality from the 555's really be worth the price?

2) Would 595's require an amp, and if so what would you suggest?

Any recommendations of other headphones in a similar price range would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!

not heard the hd555, but have the hd595, amping does make a big difference, especially in the low end. Personally I dont like them, I find them to airy, and tiney with no low end.
I upgraded to DT770 and love them
what kind of music you listen to?

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 8
I listen to everything, classical, jazz, rap, rock, etc.

I suppose the majority would be rock, so headphones that can handle bass and faster music would be preferable.

After doing a little more research it seems like the upgrade to 595's wouldn't be worth it. I'll look into the DT770's.

Another question (I know I have alot
tongue.gif
), my 555's don't currently have an amp at all. Would I notice a significant jump in sound quality if I starting using one? And if so, would a simple cmoy amp suffice or should I be looking at something like the Total Airhead amp?

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 8
The hd595 are very nice headphones in their price range, and they was my first step into audiophile world. they don't need a dedicated amp and i also didn't find much of improvements when i tried to amp them.

they have farward and bright sound,the bass is nice but rather shy.
if you get them, you will certainly want to upgrade very soon (just like i did),especially if you hang out here often
biggrin.gif

so my very hot recommendation is to take the time and get something better,especially when coming from the hd555. believe me, you will save yourself money in the long run! you can seriously consider one of senn' more upscale models (hd600,hd650) but you will need a good amp for them, but it's worth every penny. by the way..staying in your price range will probably won't give you any greater results than what you have now imo, you better save some money and get something more upscale.
do a little search about other manufacturers as well...denon,beyerdynamic,grado,etc...i am sure you will found something that suit for you.
good luck mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back