Question about sending flowers to someone...
Aug 2, 2008 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Computerpro3

1000+ Head-Fier
I need to send flowers to someone about 1000 miles away. What is the best way to go about doing so?

I see there are services out there that offer to ship the flowers, but I would think that getting them delivered from a local florist would be best. I was thinking of using proflowers to find a local florist and ordering through them. Has anyone used them before?

Also, here is the bigger problem. It is imperative that I can include a card with it that can have more text than the standard 150 character limit that these online shops have. At best, the card would be handwritten, but if I have to settle for a premade typed one, I will. It is just important that I can write a couple of paragraphs on it. Is there a way I can ensure that a personalized card can be delivered with the flowers? Obviously, I could just mail it, but it would be a crapshoot to get the delivery times to line up so that won't work.

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 10
I would contact a local shop where the person lives. The only problem is you don't get to had pick the flowers so you'll have to take their word for it. Ask them about you mailing your own personal card to them to use with the flowers.

As far as the shop I have no experience with them.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 10
I wish someone would send me flowers...

Or headphones.

Or flowers and headphones.

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 10
I think you should go online and find a florist in the town that you are delivering to. Call them up and detail every last nuance of what you are looking for. When I send flowers, I always insist NO baby's breath, ferns, or other green filler of any kind. Know exactly what kinds of flowers and how many flowers you are sending. Be wary of "arrangements" of mixed flowers. If boxed, I want a solid plain color box, simple color tissue, no plastic or cellophane anywhere. I use a plain satin bow. If a vase is used, I ask for just a plain clear glass vase. Just think about what exactly you want and make sure it is spelled out clearly.

Aug 3, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 10
If you have a local florist you are happy with, then place your order through them (probably ftd). They can answer your questions regarding the card and help with that part of the process. I've done this successfully for decades. I've found that by placing the order through my florist I get outstanding flowers at delivery, which is what I'm looking for. In other words, great arrangements, presentation, balance and quality flowers that last a long time.

Otherwise, you're taking a chance on the quality of the florist if you pick one randomly. I have done so with mixed results.

All flowers are not created equally. Neither are florists. Choose carefully. If you're in the dark, a FTD affiliated florist is a great place to begin. Odds are moved in your favor of finding a good to great to excellent florist.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #9 of 10
I would find a local flower store close to this "someone", call them and order a delivery of a certain flower.
I have done so multiple times, and am quite sure every received have received their flower as requested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back