Question about safe postage of Headphones
Dec 8, 2023 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Womaz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi , looking for some guidance.
I have finally decided to get rid of one of my headphones. I will look to sell on here first then EBay if I have to.

I am in the UK , how do you guys send expensive and heavy items? I would need to insure them for about 1K

I think in the UK the postage rates are not too bad, but posting to the EU looks very cost prohibitive after my initial research.

I mean I may restrict the sale to the UK but it does narrow the sale potential quite a bit.
Look forward to some guidance and any advice.

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 6
Having sold a few headphones recently - to buy more headphones lol - I use royal mail special delivery and you can enhance insurance up to £2500 for abit extra.

Shipping abroad then FedEx/ups. Expensive but worth it.

(If selling via eBay I leave it as the eBay/gsp option for international buyers. It works by you shipping it to eBay's depot and then eBay ship it on to the buyer and track it. )

All best with your sales.

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Having sold a few headphones recently - to buy more headphones lol - I use royal mail special delivery and you can enhance insurance up to £2500 for abit extra.

Shipping abroad then FedEx/ups. Expensive but worth it.

(If selling via eBay I leave it as the eBay/gsp option for international buyers. It works by you shipping it to eBay's depot and then eBay ship it on to the buyer and track it. )

All best with your sales.
Thanks for the reply, I will have another look at the Royal Mail Special Delivery as I had ruled it oout becasue of the size of my parcel from what I recall.

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes eBay international does the customs paperwork and should have insurance options depending on country. If you have a credit card that has member discounts with an account for shippers it can save a lot vs. counter rates.
Audiogon might be an option, just depends on counties the cover.

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the reply, I will have another look at the Royal Mail Special Delivery as I had ruled it oout becasue of the size of my parcel from what I recall.
No worries. The largest presentation box for a pair of headphones I've owned so far that I've posted have been my Sennheiser hd800 and hd820. It was £20 or so special delivery.
As 'dunring' says, if selling internationally via ebay then just using ebay for the shipping part takes out the hassle. I shipped my z7m2 to Spain via UPS (private sale) and ended up having to pick the next size up box (i pack with loads of bubble wrap), triplicate of custom forms, etc... ended up cost more than I thought.

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the replies guys I will investaige.
I thought Audiogon was a US only site?
The headphones come in a pretty large package from what I recall and I do seem to recall that RoYAL Mial Special Delivery was mot possible.

The EBay options could be a possibility but sort of reluctant to sell on EBay for these. I guess I dont really need to sell so I may only sell if they are sold on Head Fi as I trust this site and its members as always had a positive experience on here.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back