Question about running two cards at once.
Mar 12, 2005 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Svperstar

1000+ Head-Fier
So if I get a Chaintech or another SC with better quailty than my Audigy 2 ZS, and run both, can I run the Line-Out from the Audigy 2 ZS to an in on the Chaintech? Or would that sound bad?

Also I know the Audigy 2 ZS has a lot of AUX jacks and whatnot on the card itself with 3 or 4 pins. Are one of these an output that could hook to another card?

How would I go about setting it up?

Mar 12, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 4
The Chaintech's ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) is disabled when the high quality mode is enabled, and the sound quaility would be worse anyways because of the additional Analog -> Digital -> Analog conversion.

Mar 12, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 4
So then do you just have to keep swapping cables when you want to listen to music vs playing games?

That is a really poor solution for me since I like to have music running in the background constantly, I have global hotkeys set up so I can pause and skip tracks from inside any program.

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 4
my two soundcard setup consists of an EMU 1212M and an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 which configured for digital out. the digital-out on the Revo is connected to the EMU's digital in.

perhaps you can rig up a similar config with your Audigy 2 ZS and whatever other SC you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back