Question about On-line Westone seller
Nov 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nfadeaway

New Head-Fier
I've been shopping around on-line for some Westone UM3X's. There's one retailer, The Gear Lab, that has them for quite a bit less than anybody else.

Before I plunk down my $$ & order them, I just want to make sure that they're a legit, authorized Westone dealer. Has anybody had any experience dealing with them, and was it a positive experience?

Thanks.

Chuck

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 8
I VERY much doubt that they are an authorised dealer* though that's not to say that they don't sell genuine goods.

The website falls well short of recognised ecommerce legal requirements such as displaying a company address, registration number, telephone number and an email address. If you have a problem with your order would you be happy that your only point of contact with the company is via their online contact form?

I'd rather pay a little bit extra and buy the items from a recognised authorised Westone dealer in the knowledge that my UM3x were 100% genuine and came with a valid warranty.

* If they are an authorised dealer, my apologies, but they seriously need to sort out their website.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 8
how do you use the 8% cash back?
i want to do that when i buy mine
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased yesterday UM3x from this folks on eBay ($317 listed):
eBay My World - zolton2

You can utilize Microsoft 8% instant Paypal cash-back to get even better price (I did).

I bought my UM3X from him too! Excellent seller with great service!

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased yesterday UM3x from this folks on eBay ($317 listed):
eBay My World - zolton2

Thank you very much for linking that seller. Hard to find reputable retailers willing to ship to the UK, but that appears to be one.

Many thanks
beerchug.gif

(P.S. Some goods are slightly cheaper if you go directly to their website, rather than through eBay).

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the feedback, guys. and thanks for the link to the e-bay seller. I presume that you guys who bought the UM3X from him felt that they were legit phones from Westone and not some gray market goods or knock-offs? I'll probably just buy them from him.

aj-kun: for the 8% coupon, go to bing (you need to open an account if you don't already have one), search for something that you know will be for sale on e-bay (i used 'ipod') and link to an e-bay seller where the 8% microsoft cash back logo is displayed. then when you search for the iem's, the cash back link should remain. It only works on a 'buy it now' transaction.

Thanks again. Happy thanksgiving to everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back