Question about Note 4 and Note Edge DAC
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

butter30

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
All us phone fanatics will probably know about the note 4 and the note Edge. Wondering if any of you guys know if the the DAC is made by Wolfson or another company? Love my note 2 and planning to upgrade to note edge =)

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 4
Keep your Note 2, unfortunately there is nothing out now that is comparable since the android phone manufacturers don't seem to be interested in audio capabilities. The note 2 is the last wolfson device at least in the usa. You can get even cleaner sound from it running plasma kernel and voodoo sound app.

It appears that all the US offerings for phones just use the embedded Dac in the cpu. Except apple, but I am not a mac fan.

Another option when available is the sound blaster e3(looks to have a nice dac amplifier combo) , then you could use any source and stream over bluetooth aptx. But who knows what signal degradation there will be. I have avoided the usb dac solution because you lose the ability to answer calls with the headset mic and stress the usb connector when you are running around with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back