Question about my se530 with my cables.
Apr 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

torres

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys. I am currently using my se530 with an amp and two cable
one is mini to mini and one impedance, both copper X sliver
Here is the situation I have: I use this setup in the morning and in the afternoon before/after school. But the sq is better in the afternoon than in the morning, more bass and details. Not much difference, just a little bit but noticeable.
When I am at home, I use my amp with my PC with the mini to mini cable, and I disconnect it before I go to bed.
Does the circuit make the sound different since I use my mini to mini cable with my PC for a long time and plug it to my mp3?
Anyone has idea on this point?
cheers

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
perhaps the afternoon is cooler temperature wise than the morning, which would account for the extra detail
; )

LOLZ.....
OP: do you like the band placebo??

there is nothing that could account for this happening for real, you are hearing things and you have convinced yourself that this is the case; so that is what you hear. doent matter what cable (or in this case nopt even that, only a different connector type) you use with your amp, it will not impart any of its character on the amp after you disconnect it. us audiophiles can think some crazy stuff, or so it would seem to others, but i'm afraid this is even beyond my realms of comprehension

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 8
There is more radiation in the atmosphere in the afternoon due to more hours of daylight. This is likely to encapsulate the flux capacitors to a point where the decombopulater rods attached to the dampeners create condensation which impedes the flow of the surface mount rectifiers.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 8
This isn't necessarily placebo, but the effect, if it really exists, is because of your ears, not the equipment. Sometimes the pressure can be a little off in your inner ear, so your eardrum doesn't vibrate as freely (kind of like the muffled hearing you get when you have a cold, but less extreme). Occasionally I have days where the quality of my hearing changes as the day progresses. You probably had one of those days. It is possible, but unlikely, that the time of day influences the quality of your hearing. More likely the time of day was a coincidence.

Either way, there's no way your equipment has changed in the way you describe.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 8
yeh the sound does not get better in the afternoon, you have just got use to the sound from the morning session and grown to like it, a warm up session if you like.

i guarantee you if you was to go try another set of in ears they simply wont be for you, until a few hours later when you adjust.

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is more radiation in the atmosphere in the afternoon due to more hours of daylight. This is likely to encapsulate the flux capacitors to a point where the decombopulater rods attached to the dampeners create condensation which impedes the flow of the surface mount rectifiers.

lol obviously!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back